Seahawks CB Richard Sherman was asked about the trade rumors that recently surfaced that teams have contacted Seattle about his availability.
“I wouldn’t want to leave this city and my guys, but I understand it’s a business and organizational philosophies change,” Sherman told Gee Scott of 710 ESPN.
- Alabama TE O.J. Howard worked out for the Panthers and is scheduled to visit the Jaguars and Bears. (Connor Orr)
- Clemson QB Deshaun Watson says he has not had any workouts or visits with the Saints since meeting with them at the NFL Combine. (Rod Walker)
- Florida State G Kareem Are has a pre-draft visit scheduled with the Raiders, a workout with the Giants and invites to local pro days for the Jets and Giants. (Mike Kaye)
- Colts GM Chris Ballard met with Houston LB Tyus Bowser and CB Brandon Wilson on Wednesday. (Tony Pauline)
- Wyoming RB Brian Hill will visit with the Vikings next week. (Darren Wolfson)
- The Jets are sending DBs coach Dennard Wilson to work out Jackson State CB Zavian Bingham. (Riley Auman)
- The Jets met with North Carolina WR Bug Howard and QB Mitch Trubisky on Thursday. (Interstate of Green)
- 49ers DE Dekoda Watson‘s three-year, $6 million deal includes a $5 million base salary, $1 million signing bonus, a $12,500 bonus for per game activity, and a $50,000 workout base de-escalator towards 2018 and 2019. (Aaron Wilson)
- In addition, the 49ers have a team option on Watson’s contract for the 2018 and 2019 seasons. (Aaron Wilson)
- Gary Davenport of B/R mentions Buccaneers RFA DE Jacquies Smith as a bargain free agent option the 49ers should consider.
- The Los Angeles Chargers announced that they have hired former RB Ladanian Tomlinson as a special assistant to the owner.
- Gary Davenport names veteran free agent CB Alterraun Verner as an affordable player on the open market that the Chargers should pursue.