Home 49ers NFL Notes: Richard Sherman, Draft, 49ers, Steelers
- According to Tom Pelissero of USA Today, the Seahawks are unlikely to trade CB Richard Sherman unless a team blows them away and offers them a deal they just can’t refuse.
- Pelissero has heard it could take as much as first- and third-round picks to get Sherman away from the Seahawks and there’s no reason to think this price is going to decrease in the coming weeks.
- Outside of Sherman holding out, Pelissero says that it’s likely Sherman will be back in Seattle next year.
- North Carolina QB Mitch Trubisky was spotted having dinner with Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill, GM Steve Keim and HC Bruce Arians Monday night. He’ll visit with the team on Tuesday. (Mike Jurecki)
- Alabama DE Jonathan Allen visited with the Jaguars and Titans and is scheduled to meet with the Chargers Wednesday followed by the 49ers. (Ian Rapoport)
- Tennessee DE Derek Barnett recently visited with the Cowboys and Buccaneers. He also had a personal workout for the Falcons. (Ian Rapoport)
- Villanova OT Brad Seaton is taking a pre-draft visit to meet with the Texans on Tuesday. Seaton has worked out privately for the Bills, Patriots and Texans while taking part in the Jets and Giants local workouts. (Aaron Wilson)
- Florida OT David Sharpe is visiting with the Panthers next week and has already visited Lions. He’ll also meet with the 49ers this week. (Greg Auman)
- Tony Pauline is hearing that LSU RB Leonard Fournette will likely be drafted much earlier than expected. Citing sources with knowledge of the situation, Pauline reports that the 49ers are “very high” on Fournette and are seriously considering using the No. 2 overall pick on him.
- According to Pauline, the 49ers’ front office wants to bring in a bigger back to run the offense and they’re ready to give up on Carlos Hyde.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers announced that they hosted Draft visitors: Alabama LB Tim Williams and Villanova DE Tanoh Kpassagnon for pre-draft visits on Tuesday.
- The Steelers have scheduled a pre-draft visit with Minnesota CB Jalen Myrick for this week. (Adam Caplan)
- Western Michigan DE/OLB Keion Adams is scheduled to visit the Steelers on Wednesday. (Aaron Wilson)