Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Richard Sherman, Draft, Patriots, Raiders
NFL Notes: Richard Sherman, Draft, Patriots, Raiders
- Peter King doesn’t think the Seahawks are going to move off of their current asking price for CB Richard Sherman, which is why he considers it unlikely Sherman will be traded this offseason.
- According to King, the market for Sherman has “cooled” in part because teams aren’t interested in paying a high asking price, which is believed to be a first-round pick or two high selections.
- Peter King of TheMMQB.com reports that the 49ers, Bears, Jaguars, Titans, Jets and Chargers are all open for business and looking to trade back.
- As for candidates who could consider a trade up, King mentions Giants (No. 23) and Texans (No. 25) as two teams who could move up into the teens while the Ravens (No. 16) and Titans (No. 18) are both willing to move back.
- According to King, the off-field concerns about Dalvin Cook could push him into the second round.
Mike Mayock tells King that there are “more medical concern with high draft picks than I’ve ever seen in a draft before” and there’s a “good chance” three or four really good prospects won’t make it in the NFL. In fact, a GM added: “Never have I been part of a draft with so many medical red flags.”
- Field Yates reports that the Patriots picked up $4.75 million of cap space by restructuring WR Danny Amendola‘s contract last week.
- Amendola gets a $100,000 signing bonus and has a $1.25 million base salary fully guaranteed. Beyond that, he has a $50,000 workout bonus and a total of $300,000 in per-game roster bonuses, which brings his maximum earnings to $1.7 million.
- Scott Bair of CSN Bay Area writes that transpires with RB Marshawn Lynch this week should determine whether the Raiders target a running back in this year’s draft.
- Oakland GM Reggie McKenzie said last week that he was hoping to know what Lynch was thinking at some point this week, but there’s reportedly a gap between what they’re willing to pay for him and what he’s willing to play for.
- Bair considers Tennessee’s Alvin Kamara, Wyoming’s Brian Hill, Pittsburgh’s James Conner, Brigham Young’s Jamaal Williams and Clemson’s Wayne Gallman to be good fits for the Raiders.
Tags Alvin Kamara Brian Hill Dalvin Cook Danny Amendola Jamaal Williams James Conner Marshawn Lynch Richard Sherman Wayne Gallman