Home Chargers NFL Rumors: Richard Sherman, Josh Dobbs, Dolphins, Steelers
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, citing an NFL source, reports that the Seahawks not only have fielded calls for CB Richard Sherman but have also initiated trade talks with teams.
- According to Fowler, multiple people in the NFL believe it would require a high draft pick to get Sherman from the Seahawks. Fowler says that the trade talks range from “fact-finding to more serious.”
- A report from earlier in the day mentioned that the Seahawks have let it be known that they’re looking for “a very good player plus a high draft pick” in return for Sherman. (NFLTR)
- While a report from earlier in the day refuted the notion that the Patriots are interested in Sherman, Jeff Howe reiterates that New England is, in fact, interested in him.
- Jeremy Fowler reports that Tennessee QB Josh Dobbs is visiting with the Titans and Chiefs and will hold private workouts with the Saints, Chargers and Panthers, among others.
- Peter Ariz reports that Miami QB Brad Kaaya will attend the Dolphins’ local prospects days.
- Miami CB Corn Elder and Miami WR Stacy Coley are among those who were invited to meet with Dolphins coaches this evening. (Barry Jackson)
- According to Jackson, the Dolphins intend to add at least one cornerback, during the draft or in free agency.
- Jackson mentions that Miami TE David Njoku is not considered a realistic option for the Dolphins at No. 22.
- The Dolphins have reportedly spent “significant time” with Connecticut’s Obi Melifonwu.
- Miami met with Ole Miss WR Damore’ea Stringfellow after his Pro Day.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers hosted Washington S Budda Baker, Florida LB Jarrad Davis, N.C. State S Josh Jones, Penn State WR Chris Godwin Jr., and Pittsburgh RB James Conner for pre-draft visits on Thursday. (Bob Labriola)