Home / Chargers / NFL Notes: Rob Gronkowski, Chargers, Panthers & Raiders
NFL Notes: Rob Gronkowski, Chargers, Panthers & Raiders
- Albert Breer mentioned during an appearance on CSNNE that the Patriots could eventually make TE Rob Gronkowski available for trade at some point.
- Breer points to the Patriots history of trading high-maintenance players, such as Randy Moss, once they’re no longer playing at an elite level .
- It’s worth mentioning that Breer isn’t reporting anything in regards to a potential Gronkowski trade, but he believes Gronk could eventually be a trade candidate for the Patriots to consider.
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that Chargers’ management is growing impatient with the Chargers coaching staff after the team has lost leads in each of their three losses this season.
- While defensive coordinator John Pagano has taken most of the recent criticism and HC Mike McCoy remains on the hot seat, according to Cole.
- Cole mentions that the team’s performance isn’t helping their chances of securing a new stadium deal in downtown San Diego and this factor could cause ownership to be less patient than they have in the past with the team’s coaching staff.
- Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer writes that with Panthers QB Cam Newton missing his second consecutive practice on Thursday due to post-concussion symptoms, it’s looking “more and more likely” that he won’t be available for Week 5’s game.
- While Raiders RB Latavius Murray is battling turf toe, but OC Bill Musgrave told Jimmy Durkin that he’s hoping to have Murray available on Sunday.
- Adam Caplan reports that Murray will have to do better tomorrow if he’s going to play in Week 5. Murray did not practice on Thursday but test his injured toe.
Tags Bill Musgrave Cam Newton John Pagano Latavius Murray Mike McCoy Randy Moss Rob Gronkowski