Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Roger Goodell, 49ers, Bears, Redskins, & Vikings
NFL Notes: Roger Goodell, 49ers, Bears, Redskins, & Vikings
- Roger Goodell mentioned during his Friday press conference that they are considering expanding replay to penalties “if it can be done without disrupting” pace of game. (Tom Pelissero)
- Goodell said that they will appoint a chief medical officer. (Albert Breer)
- According to Goodell, there are still some concerns regarding expanding the playoffs. (Jason La Canfora)
- Goodell said that they’ve yet to make any judgments regarding “Deflategate.” (Tom Pelissero)
- The two questions for the league regarding the deflated footballs are: Why were some footballs used in the game not legal and was it deliberate? (Ian Rapoport)
- The NFL is “aggressively” exploring streaming broadcasts of a regular season game on the Internet. (Jason La Canfora)
- On the topic of the Rams possibly relocating, Goodell said that they want all of their franchises to remain in their current markets. (Jason La Canfora)
- Goodell confirmed that multiple teams have interest in moving to Los Angeles, but added that “the league is not there yet.” (Jason La Canfora)
- Goodell on the issues the league has encountered this year: “It has been a tough year on me personally, a year of humility and learning. It’s an opportunity for us to get better.” (Ian Rapoport)
- The NFL is hoping to play another game in Mexico at some point in the near future. (Jason La Canfora)
- As for the NFL in London, Goodell said that they’re “continuing to advance our interests over there.” (Albert Breer)
- 49ers CEO Jed York announced the hiring of Geep Chryst as offensive coordinator and Eric Mangini as defensive coordinator. (Matt Maiocco)
- The Chicago Bears announced that Mike Groh will remain the team’s receivers coach next year.
- According to Aaron Wilson, DeDe Lattimore new two-year contract extension is worth $1.1 million, but includes no guaranteed money.
- He’ll make base salaries of $510,000 and $600,000 in this agreement.
- John Keim of ESPN believes it would make sense for the Redskins to target CB Marcus Gilchrist in free agency given that A.J. Smith drafted him a few years ago and new DC Joe Barry worked with him in San Diego.
Tags Brandon Fusco Brian Robison Captain Munnerlyn Chad Greenway DeDe Lattimore Eric Mangini Geep Chryst Jerome Felton Kyle Rudolph Marcus Gilchrist Matt Cassel Mike Groh Zach Line