Falcons owner Arthur Blank released the following statement regarding the ongoing negotiations with commissioner Roger Goodell, per Daniel Kaplan.
“The Committee is continuing its work towards finalizing a contract extension with the Commissioner, consistent with the mandate provided in the unanimous May 2017 Resolution. Regardless of what may have been reported, the Committee is working within the financial parameters outlined to the ownership at the May meeting. The negotiations are progressing and we will keep ownership apprised of the negotiations as they move forward. We do not intend to publicly comment on our discussions.”
Over the weekend, a report surfaced that Goodell was seeking $50 million per year, plus the perks including lifetime use of a private jet and lifetime health coverage for his family in his next contract. (NFLTR)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict will not be suspended for making contact with the referee during Sunday’s game.
- The NFL still plans to review the matter using the standard process for a potential fine, according to Rapoport.
- Jackson also announced that LB Jamie Collins is out for the season with a torn MCL. (NFLTR)
- Browns HC Hue Jackson said Monday that he will consider going back to Kevin Hogan as the team’s No. 2 quarterback, but he has yet to make a decision right now. (Scott Petrak)
- According to Jackson, WR Corey Coleman is “ready to go” and will be activated from the team’s injured reserve list at some point this week. (Scott Petrak)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Redskins RB Rob Kelley has been diagnosed with a high-ankle sprain and a grade 1/2 MCL sprain in his knee.
- According to Rapoport, Redskins S DeAngelo Hall, who just returned from a torn ACL, suffered a bone bruise in the knee area on Sunday.
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden told reporters on Monday that LB Will Compton (Lisfranc sprain) and Kelley are both candidates to be placed on injured reserve. (Master Tesfatsion)
- Washington will likely sign a running back in the coming days, according to Gruden.