- According to Daniel Kaplan of the Sports Business Journal, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was paid $35 million in 2013.
- Before that, Goodell was $44.2 million in 2012, but had $9 million of that salary deferred.
- Jim Wyatt reports that the NFL has withdrawn the invitation for former Tennessee LB A.J. Johnson to attend the NFL Combine following his indictment on rape charges.
- The NFL announced Friday that they will would hold an extra regional combine at the Bears’ headquarters in Lake Forest, Illinois on Sunday, March 8. (Pro Football Talk)
Michael C. Wright of ESPN reports that Bears CB Tim Jennings underwent arthroscopic knee surgery.
Wright’s source declined to say which knee Jennings had scoped, and called the procedure a “simple clean out.“
The expectation is that Jennings will be back for the team’s offseason conditioning program.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that with the Jets having around $47 million in available cap space, they may as well take advantage of their position and sign DE Muhammad Wilkerson to a long-term extension.