Home / Cardinals / NFL Notes: Roger Goodell, Gary Kubiak, Cardinals, Texans
NFL Notes: Roger Goodell, Gary Kubiak, Cardinals, Texans
- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said of the viability of a team in Las Vegas. “We haven’t made a determination on Las Vegas as an NFL market.” (Jason La Canfora)
- Regarding DeflateGate, Goodell said he didn’t receive bad advice while adding: “We had a violation. We went through a process, we applied discipline in accordance.” (Nick Jhabvala)
- Goodell confirmed that the Patriots and Raiders will play in Mexico City next year. (Ben Volin)
- Goodell said they are “disappointed” that they couldn’t get a stadium deal done to keep the Chargers in San Diego. (Aaron Wilson)
- On the Titans’ ownership situation, Goodell mentioned that the team needs to have one individual fully in charge of making decisions. But he’s “hopeful” team won’t be in violation this year. (Jason La Canfora)
- Some changes for next year, according to Goodell, could be to have replay reviews on a surface tablet to speed up games and speeding up kickoffs. (Jason La Canfora)
- According to Goodell, they’re “very committed” to Thursday night games and referred to the game as “high quality.” (Mark Maske)
- Although, Goodell said they may rethink having all 32 teams appear in Thursday game. (Jason La Canfora)
- Goodell indicated that they will look at on-field celebrations this offseason and possibly consider loosening up on handing out punishment. (Charles Robinson)
- The NFL is still reviewing a possible developmental league, according to Goodell: “We have a debate that goes on. Something we’re actively considering.” (Jason La Canfora)
- As for the domestic violence investigation regarding Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott, Goodell mentioned that there’s still no timetable for a decision. (Jason La Canfora)
- Goodell added that their investigation is still ongoing in regards to former Giants K Josh Brown. (James Palmer)
- Former Broncos and Texans HC Gary Kubiak tells John McClain that he “feel[s] great”A despite stepping down as Denver’s head coach after the season.
- Kubiak was asked about the possibility that he could return to coaching someday: “I never say never, but it will NOT be the first thing I do.”
- Cardinals RB David Johnson tells Pro Football Talk that he expects to be back to 100 percent next week after he had a scary knee injury in Week 17.
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Texans are no a landing spot for Cowboys QB Tony Romo.
- Texans owner Bob McNair said they likely consider drafting a quarterback this year. (NFLTR)
- McNair said signing WR DeAndre Hopkins and CB A.J. Bouye to long-term extensions is a priority for them this offseason. (Aaron Wilson)
Tags A.J. Bouye Bob McNair David Johnson DeAndre Hopkins Ezekiel Elliott Gary Kubiak Josh Brown Roger Goodell Tony Romo