Mike Pereira of FOX Sports reports that the NFL is implementing new procedures for the 2015 season regarding how footballs will be prepared and monitored.
Game football will still be required to be be inflated between 12 1/2 and 13 1/2 pounds per square inch (PSI). However, the league is making changes to the number of footballs prepared, random testing and changes in the oversight of the footballs once they’ve been checked by officials.
- Giants TE Larry Donnell (Achilles) has shed his walking boot and is expected to participate in training camp practices this week. (Jordan Raanan)
- According to Albert Breer, second-year WR Martavis Bryant really stood out during Sunday’s training camp session.
- Breer adds that the Steelers have big plans for Bryant this season.
Vikings RB Adrian Peterson told reporters on Sunday that the incident that kept him away from the team for nearly the entire 2014 season won’t define his career.
“I don’t really feel like this one situation defines my history, what I’ve done,” Peterson told Tom Pelissero of USA TODAY Sports. “I feel like the people that really know me — they know not only what I’ve done on the field, but they know what I’ve done off the field.
“One situation I don’t think negates everything that I’ve stood for and I’ve done for this community, not only in Minnesota, but in Texas and Oklahoma. That’s my passion, is giving back. It’s not to play football. My main purpose is to be able to change lives.”
- According to Chris Tomasson, indications are that the Vikings will wait until next year to address S Harrison Smith‘s contract.
- Ben Goessling reports that K Blair Walsh‘s new extension includes $1 million of incentives, which would bring the total value of his new four-year deal to $14 million if he reaches them. it.