Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Rule Changes, Bears, Cowboys, Saints, & Steelers
NFL Notes: Rule Changes, Bears, Cowboys, Saints, & Steelers
- The NFL passed rule an eligible receiver who reports as ineligible must line up in tackle box.
- Linebackers will now be allowed to wear numbers 40-49.
- The NFL could make extra point attempts live plays, which would allow the defense to score. There was also talk that they could move the ball to the 1.5 yard line for two point conversions.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Bears did meet with QB Jay Cutler earlier in the offseason, but they never talked about restructuring his contract.
- Instead, the Bears reportedly left convinced that Cutler was their starting quarterback, per Rapoport.
- Commissioner Roger Goodell said that he expects the league to make a decision regarding potential discipline for Cowboys DE Greg Hardy at some point in the “near future.“
- HC Sean Payton said that they play to move David Hawthorne to middle linebacker to replace Curtis Lofton, who was released. (Larry Holder)
- The Steelers will receive a sixth-round compensatory pick instead of the seventh-round they were initially expected to receive. (Mark Kaboly)
Tags David Hawthorne Greg Hardy Jay Cutler