- Judy Battista of NFL Media reports that NFL owners will vote on a proposal to allow two players to return from the injured reserve list. Battista adds that this is likely to be approved.
- According to Battista, NFL owners are also expected to approve the proposal that was previously tabled to reduce regular season overtime from 15 to 10 minutes.
- On Tuesday, the Browns agreed to terms on a two-year contract worth $6 million with veteran CB Jason McCourty. (NFLTR)
- McCourty explained his decision to join the Browns in an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio: “Being in the building, it doesn’t feel like a 1-15 team. To feel the energy they have going forward sold me.”
- The Browns signed seventh-round K Zane Gonzalez to four-year contract.
- Mike Freeman of B/R has spoken to team executives and assistant coaches around the NFL who believe this is the year that the Patriots will finish off a perfect 19-0 season.
- Freeman says that people around the league think New England is set up for a perfect better than any team in NFL history and think the Pats are possibly the “fastest, deepest” version yet.
Nick Underhill of the Advocate has a breakdown of Adrian Peterson‘s new contract with the Saints.
- According to Underhill, Peterson can earn up to $15.25 million over the next two years by reaching incentives.
- Peterson receives a $2.5 million signing bonus and a $1 million base salary for the 2017 season.
- The rushing total incentives over the next two years for Peterson come out to $150K (750 yards), $250K (1000 yards), $750k (1250 yards), $1M (1,500 yards).
- He can also earn bonuses for touchdowns: $250K (six), $500K (eight), and $750K (ten). Although, Peterson would also need to lead the league in rushing to earn the 10-touchdown bonus.
- If the Saints make the playoffs, Peterson receives $250K. An NFC Championship appearance is worth $500K and a Super Bowl appearance would net him $1M.
- Underhill mentions that one key date to watch for Peterson next year is the third day of the 2018 league year, as he’s owed a $750,000 roster bonus.