- The NFL clarified their catch rule by announcing that in order for a player to complete a catch, the receiver must have both feet on the ground and hold the ball long enough to establish himself as a runner. (Charles Robinson)
- Vice president of officiating Dean Blandino says this is a clarification of the catch rule would not have overturned the Dez Bryant play in the playoffs. (Mike Garafolo)
Jason La Canfora mentions that a number of teams really like Oregon QB Marcus Mariota more than they are willing to let on.
“Lot of people like Mariota a lot more than what you are seeing in the media,” said a high-ranking official from a team picking high in the draft.
La Canfora adds that he doesn’t see Mariota dropping beyond the first five picks, and suspects he’ll end up being drafted No. 2 overall.
- Maryland WR Stefon Diggs will visit with the 49ers in early April. (Aaron Wilson)
- Morningside College RB Brandon Wegher will participate during Iowa State’s Pro Day on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Minnesota RB David Cobb is scheduled to meet with four different teams. (Aaron Wilson)
Eagles HC Chip Kelly discussed their reasoning for bringing in QB Tim Tebow for a workout last week.
“We bring in a lot of players for private workouts, it’s just he’s the one that everyone keeps talking about,” Kelly said, via PhiladelphiaEagles.com. “We brought in Terrelle Pryor for a workout and Thad Lewis in for a workout. When players are available for you to work them out it’s the same thing of going to the Veteran Combine or going to the Super Regional Combine.”
- Owner Steve Tisch said he wants QB Eli Manning to play his entire career with the Giants, and they are working towards getting an extension in place. (Judy Battista)