Josina Anderson of ESPN reports that Seahawks OT Russell Okung is still very confident about handling his contract negotiations without an agent, but he could still seek help from outside sources.
According to Okung, he plans to speak to the Seahawks at some point in the near future.
“I’m optimistic about my future with the Seahawks and I will be speaking with them soon,”
- Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports that Okung has been consulting with agents and may hire one to help him with his contract on a flat fee instead of hiring one to represent him long-term.
- Vaughn McClure of ESPN writes that the Falcons “really like” free agent acquisition WR Leonard Hankerson based on his strong offseason.
- According to McClure, veteran WR Roddy White need to have a strong training camp and show the left knee injury won’t be an issue moving forward for him to maintain his role in the team’s offense.
- Rob Demovsky of ESPN reports that Packers suspended NT Letroy Guion was notified that he will be suspended for three games earlier in the week, but he is planning to appeal suspension.
- Guion has reportedly been hoping for a one- or two-game ban after he was arrested for possession of marijuana and a firearm
Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post has the contract details for Cameron Heyward‘s new six-year, $59.2 million contract extension.
- According to Wilson, Heyward’s deal includes a $12M signing bonus, $15M total guaranteed, gets $3M roster bonus in three days.
- Heyward will make base salaries of: $1M (2015), $3M (2016), $5M (2017), $9M (2018), $8.75M (2019), and $9.5M (2020). (Aaron Wilson)
- His cap figures will be: $6.4M (2015), $10.4M (2016), $10.4M (2017), $11.4M (2018), $11.15M (2019), $9.5M (2020).