- Former Lions WR Ryan Broyles has passed through waivers unclaimed, and is now a free agent. (Ian Rapoport)
- Ian Rapoport said on NFL Total Access that QB Matt Cassel could be on the roster bubble, while the team would like to keep QB Matt Sims on the practice squad.
- Rapoport mentions that RB Montee Ball is “fighting like crazy” to attain a final spot on the active roster.
“He really likes McFadden, he has always liked McFadden since he came out of the University of Arkansas,” said Cole. “So that means that McFadden is going to get the first shot at this and probably get the majority of the carries.”
Cole expects McFadden to accumulate around 250 carries, while RB Joseph Randle will take around 200 carries.
- The Cowboys have taken ILB Rolando McClain off the PUP list after recovering from a knee injury. McClain must serve a four game suspension for violating the leagues substance-abuse policy, but is expected to be healthy once he returns from suspension. (Michael David Smith)
- WR Darrius Heyward-Bey is expected to gain playing time during WR Martavis Bryant‘s four-game suspension. (Ed Bouchette)