Free agent QB Ryan Fitzpatrick said he is “excited” to continue his NFL career and expects to have more options after the upcoming Draft.
“I’m working out, excited for my next opportunity,” Fitzpatrick said, via Gary Myers of the New York Daily News. “Once the draft happens, the picture will become much clearer.”
- Louisville S Josh Harvey-Clemons has worked out for the Giants, Bills, and Jets. (Aaron Wilson)
- According to Wilson, Virginia Tech QB Jerod Evans‘ draft stock is “on the rise” and he has gained “considerable” interest from the Lions, Steelers, 49ers, and Chargers.
- Louisville WR Jamari Staples has recently worked out for the Browns and Lions. (Aaron Wilson)
- Auburn S Rudy Ford visited with the Raiders on Monday and will meet with the Rams this week. (Adam Caplan)
- The Patriots and Cowboys have shown interest in Oklahoma slot CB Dakota Austin. (Doug Kyed)
- Wake Forest LB Marquell Lee has had private workouts for the Ravens, Chargers, Saints and Bills. (Aaron Wilson)
- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers said they don’t necessarily need to come away from the draft with a right guard and added that he likes their current trio of Don Barclay, Kyle Murphy, and Lucas Patrick. (Michael Cohen)
- Packers OLB Clay Matthews told reporters that he did not require offseason surgery to repair his injured shoulder and was instead able to let it heal with rest. (Michael Cohen)
Jason Cole of B/R reports that there could be a “significant” shakeup for the Panthers this offseason if they don’t return to the playoffs in 2017.
Cole has spoken to coaches and executive around the NFL who believe there’s pressure on GM Dave Gettleman and HC Ron Rivera and view the recent big-money contract handed out to DT Kawann Short as an example of the team’s win-now focus.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Panthers are bringing in DL Drew Iddings for their minicamp.