- The Eagles officially released veteran RB Ryan Mathews on Tuesday, which had been widely expected for several months now. (NFLTR)
- Armando Salguero believes Matthews “makes sense” for the Dolphins.
- Jeff Zrebiec mentions that the Ravens’ coaching staff has “a lot of respect” for Mathews and while running back isn’t at the top of their needs, he still wouldn’t rule out Baltimore adding Mathews.
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.
- Jeff Zrebiec reports Ravens WR Breshad Perriman is believed to have a “Grade 2 hamstring strain” that could cost him a total four weeks to recover.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh did say, however, that Perriman is making progress: “He’s making progress. Everything is on schedule. They’re happy with the way he’s progressing. That’s what I know.”
- Adam Schefter reports that Redskins S Su’a Cravens will undergo knee surgery on Tuesday, but he’s still expected to be ready to go for Week 1.
Seahawks K Blair Walsh admitted that he would still likely be in Minnesota if he had converted more field goals for the Vikings, but he still believes he has a lot to offer.
“Nobody wants to get released, but I’m also the first person to say that if I had made more kicks I would still be [in Minnesota] right now,” Walsh said, via Chris Tomasson of the Paul Pioneer Press. “But I know my ability. I know that I have produced in this league, and everyone has seen that, And I can continue to do that.”
Even though it was tough to go through, Walsh says he still wouldn’t change anything.
“It wasn’t fun trying to work through it and get better,” Walsh said. “Unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to finish out the year. I thought I would be able to correct it, and I didn’t get that chance. But it’s all right. I’m happy with the place I’m in, and I wouldn’t change anything.”