- Browns HC Mike Pettine says WR Terrelle Pryor could see an “expanded role” with Brian Hartline injured. (Nate Ulrich)
- Pettine also says WR Taylor Gabriel didn’t have any setbacks this week and expects him to return from his concussion this week against the Seahawks. (Nate Ulrich)
Chargers TE Antonio Gates indicated that he wants to return for the 2016 season.
“I don’t want to go out this kind of way,“ Gates said, via Kevin Acee of Union-Tribune. “I don’t want to go out as a loser. Winning is the way, ideally, you want to go out. … I want to make one more run at it, and then if it doesn’t work, be like, ‘OK.’ ”
Gates also touched on the possibility of the Chargers moving to Los Angeles next season, “I’ll spend some time, see where I’m at, what’s being done, what changes there are, what our goals are. Being with one team my entire career is something I think about, too. So that’s a (factor). We’ll see about that.”
- Adam Schefter reports that QB Matt Hasselbeck left the stadium Sunday with his left arm in a sling, leaving his status this week shaky at best.
- Adam Caplan reports that Saints CB Damian Swann suffered his third concussion of the season Sunday against the Buccaneers.
- Caplan added that it’s expected Swann won’t play again this season.
- Brock Huard reports that Seahawks RB Thomas Rawls won’t need surgery on his broken ankle meaning no long-term ramifications.