- Greg Gabriel keeps hearing from scouts who’ve made calls to USC that QB Sam Darnold is going to stay in school after this year, rather than enter the NFL draft.
- Albert Breer says he too heard this over the summer, but more recently the talk has centered around Darnold being likely to leave school. Breer thinks its still “up in the air” for Darnold and probably tied to how he plays to finish out the season.
“He’s truly gotten better over the last four weeks,” Jackson said, per Mary Kay Cabot. “We have to support him every way we can.”
- Jackson didn’t offer a lot of support for WR Kenny Britt when asked about keeping him in the game being counterproductive: “I totally agree, but we had some guys down with injuries.” (Nate Ulrich)
- Jackson said we fear the worst in regards to LB Dominique Alexander‘s knee injury. (Nate Ulrich)
- According to Ian Rapoport, Patriots LB Elandon Roberts, who left the game with an ankle injury, appears to be okay, but the short week for New England could make it challenging for him to play.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Seahawks are “concerned” about DE Cliff Avril‘s neck injury, which is why they added some insurance by signing DE Quinton Jefferson off of the Rams’ practice squad.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned during a radio appearance that they plan to be “really be careful” with Avril’s neck injury. (John Boyle)