Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Sam Shields, Draft, Broncos, Raiders
NFL Notes: Sam Shields, Draft, Broncos, Raiders
- According to Paul Srubas of PackersNews.com, former Packers CB Sam Shields plead no content on Monday for a misdemeanor drug charge and paid a fine of $500 after he was found guilty of possession of marijuana based on an Oct. 19 incident.
- Shields was facing up to six months in jail, but a charge of possessing drug paraphernalia was dropped as part of the plea.
- The Packers released Shields back in February and he hasn’t found any reported interest since then, as he, unfortunately, missed nearly the entire 2016 season with concussion-related issues.
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the 49ers, Bears, Titans, Jets and Bills have all show interest in trading down and possibly out of the top 10 picks on Thursday.
- Meanwhile, Cole says that the Browns and Cardinals are the most likely teams to trade up for a quarterback this year.
- Former Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik (Insider) takes a look at five players he expects to see get drafted higher than many think including Tennessee QB Joshua Dobbs, Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey, Ole Miss TE Evan Engram, Michigan WR Amara Darboh and Ohio State C Pat Elflein.
- Elway said that Ty Sambrailo is an option for them at left tackle and added that he thought Sambrailo was playing well before he suffered some injuries. (Troy Renck)
- Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle takes a look at six inside linebacker prospects to watch for the Raiders this week including: Alabama’s Reuben Foster, Temple’s Haason Reddick, Florida’s Jarrad Davis, Vanderbilt’s Zach Cunningham, Ohio State’s Raekwon McMillan and Florida’s Alex Anzalone.
Tags Alex Anzalone Amara Darboh Christian McCaffrey Evan Engram Jarrad Davis Joshua Dobbs Pat Elflein Raekwon McMillan Reuben Foster Sam Shields Temple’s Haason Reddick Ty Sambrailo Zach Cunningham