- Mike Silver reports that former-Redskins GM Scot McCloughan is back to operating his private scouting company, Instinctive Scouting, and already has two other NFL teams as clients.
- New Broncos RB Jamaal Charles said of the Chiefs’ decision to cut him loose: “They say it’s a business, but it’s personal as well. It is what is.” (Troy Renck)
- Charles mentioned that he’s “good to go” when asked about his surgically repaired knees. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, the Broncos signing Charles hinged on the condition of his knee.
Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said the team is comfortable moving forward with RB Doug Martin, who despite the fact that he’ll be suspended the first three weeks of the 2017 season.
“Doug has looked as good as I’ve seen him,” Licht said, via NFL.com.
“We like to have options,” Licht emphasized, “and one of those options we like having him with us right now is the guy that was the second-leading rusher in 2015, Doug Martin.”
- Buccaneers are hosting Duquesne RT Larson Graham for a workout at their rookie minicamp.
- Field Yates reports that CB Malcolm Butler has rejoined the team for their workout program after not participating in them prior to the draft.