According to Albert Breer, a failed drug test from Missouri DE/OLB Shane Ray early on his in college career is likely to come back to haunt him following the news that he was cited for marijuana possession on Monday.
Breer adds that clubs were willing to overlook the first offense, but the recent issue will change things from their perspective.
- Daniel Jeremiah mentions that Texas A&M OT Cedric Ogbuehi is likely to be drafted in the 20s.
- According to Peter Schrager, teams view Iowa OL Brandon Scherff as a likely guard in the NFL.
- After speaking to more people around the league, Schrager believes Alabama’s T.J. Yeldon will be the third running back off the board, likely in 35-50 range.
- Texas DT Malcolm Brown is viewed as a guy who should go in the 18-35 range, per Schrager.
- Schrager mentions that WRs Tyler Lockett and Phillip Dorsett may not be drafted in the first-round, but both are viewed as guys who can help a team in Year One.
- ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that a few teams have Oregon State QB Sean Mannion as the No. 3 quarterback on their draft boards.
- Mike Klis of 9News writes that the Broncos will look to come away from this year’s draft with a quarterback prospect.
- According to Klis, the Broncos will wait until after the first round to target the position.
- Player who could make sense for Denver include: Colorado State’s Garrett Grayson, UCLA’s Brett Hundley, Baylor’s Bryce Petty and Oregon State’s Sean Mannion.
- ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that the Eagles acquired QB Sam Bradford to be their starting quarterback and to not use in a trade.
- According to Mortenson, Bradford would only sign an extension with the Eagles.
- Bradford wants to play for Chip Kelly and OC Pat Shurmur.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN reports that the Jets have made it known around the league that they’re looking to trade out of the No. 6 overall pick. However, Cimini doesn’t see them going any lower than No. 10 – 12 overall.
- According to Cimini, the buzz around the league is that the Jets would like pass on Oregon QB Marcus Mariota, even if he were to be available to them at No. 6.
- Cimini seems to think the Jets like DL Leonard Williams, OLB Dante Fowler Jr., WR Amari Cooper and WR Kevin White.
- Other options for the Jets could include G Brandon Scherff, OT Andrus Peat and OT Ereck Flowers, depending on if they move back.
- Cimini considers Georgia RB Todd Gurley to be a “wild card.“