Home / Chiefs / NFL Notes: Sheldon Richardson, Jets, Chiefs, Giants
NFL Notes: Sheldon Richardson, Jets, Chiefs, Giants
- A source tells Rich Cimini that DE Sheldon Richardson showed up for the remainder of the team’s voluntary offseason program. Cimini adds that some though Richardson may stay away from the team, given that trade rumors involving him have been circulating for months.
- If a Richardson trade is going to happen, Cimini mentions that it’s likely to happen by next Saturday.
- Cimini gets the sense that the Jets will likely end up keeping him because he would be an expensive one-year rental for a team.
- Adam Teicher of ESPN writes that the Chiefs are in need of even more defensive line help in the upcoming draft now that they made the decision to release of veteran DL Jaye Howard on Saturday.
- Howard’s release was somewhat surprising, but Adam Schefter mentions that the Chiefs are hoping Howard will sign with another team because it would cut into the $2.5 million guaranteed they owe him for this season.
- The Chiefs also lost Dontari Poe to the Falcons in free agency, but they were able to find a replacement in Bennie Logan.
- Jordan Raanan believes the Giants would have to “think long and hard” if Clemson QB Deshaun Watson fell to them at No. 23 overall.
- Depending on who goes in the first 22 picks, Ranaan mentions USC CB Adoree Jackson as a player who could make sense for them.
- Raanan isn’t sure whether the Giants would be interested in drafting Alabama LB Reuben Foster, who could be in line for a draft fall after the news that he produced a diluted urine at the Combine.
- In regards to the Giants taking a mid-round running back, Raanan considers Toledo’s Kareem Hunt to be an interesting player along with Samaje Perine, Wayne Gallman, and James Conner, who could be larger backs that would complement Paul Perkins.
- Raanan lists Wisconsin OT Ryan Ramczyk, Miami TE David Njoku, Cal QB Davis Webb, Texans Tech QB Patrick Mahomes and FSU Dalvin Cook being prospects that have been linked to the Giants in recent weeks that he has a hard time believing would end up being a serious consideration for the Giants.
Raanan could see them targeting some depth at cornerback and defensive end in the middle round of this year’s draft.
- As for the offensive tackles, Raanan believes the Giants have Utah’s Garett Bolles listed ahead of Alabama’s Cam Robinson on their draft board.
- Raanan believes the Giants may prioritize taking a run-stopping defensive tackle to replace Johnathan Hankins and mentions Alabama’s Dalvin Tomlinson as a player to watch, possibly in the second or third round.
Tags Adoree' Jackson Cam Robinson Dalvin Cook Dalvin Tomlinson David Njoku Davis Webb Deshaun Watson Garett Bolles James Conner Jaye Howard Kareem Hunt Patrick Mahomes Paul Perkins Reuben Foster Ryan Ramczyk Samaje Perine Sheldon Richardson Wayne Gallman