Jets DL Sheldon Richardson admitted that he heard the reports that teams have been inquiring about a potential trade involving him in recent days.
“I just heard them today. This morning,” Richardson said, via Kimberly A. Martin of Newsday.
“It’s big business. That’s what it is,” Richardson said. “We’ve got a surplus of defensive linemen that are capable of being starters. And they drafted Leo, paid Mo . . . So we’ll see.”
Richardson added that he isn’t thinking about what could happen.
“I can’t let myself think about it,” Richardson said. “It is what it is. I’m here on paper until Tuesday. I’m still here. So we’ll see.”
For what it’s worth, sources tell Martin that the Jets are unlikely to get what they’re looking for in return for Richardson, due to his off-the-field issues.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said after Sunday’s win over the Eagles that Tony Romo isn’t ready to return in Week 9, which means Dak Prescott will get another start. (Jeff Darlington)
- Jones mentioned that they are not getting an inordinate amount of trade offers right now: “You’re always getting calls. Most of that is just chum.” (Jon Machota)
- In regards to their plans for the trade deadline, Jones said: “As we sit right now, we’re planning to go with who we got and we are proud of it.” (Jon Machota)
- Before the game, Jones told Michele Tafoya that “a lot goes into getting medically cleared — doctors aren’t sure if he’s ready to get hit (yet).” (Jeff Darlington)
- Jason La Canfora reports the Steelers expect QB Ben Roethlisberger to play in their Week 9 game against the Ravens.
- Pittsburgh anticipates Roethlisberger participating in drills next week and be ready in time for their next game.
- According to La Canfora, the Ravens are preparing as though Roethlisberger, and not backup Landry Jones, will start the game.