- Rich Cimini writes that the Jets would ideally like to trade DL Sheldon Richardson but it’s going to be tough for them to get fair-market value because of his prior suspensions, salary and poor production last season.
- In AFC executive tells Cimini “good luck” when asked about the Jets trading Richardson.
- If the Jets are unable to move him during the draft, it’s likely they keep him for the 2017 season and then look to collect a compensatory pick in 2018.
Tom Pelissero of USA Today surveyed a group of NFL scouts regarding their 2017 quarterback rankings. Here’s who they projected this year’s class:
- Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina (1st rd)
- Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech (1st rd)
- Deshaun Watson, Clemson (1st rd)
- DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame (1st-2nd)
- Davis Webb, California (1st-2nd)
- Nathan Peterman, Pittsburgh (2nd-3rd)
- Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee (3rd)
- Brad Kaaya, Miami (3rd-6th)
- C.J. Beathard, Iowa (4th-6th)
- Trevor Knight, Texas A&M (6th-undrafted)
- Peter King reports that Cardinals GM Steve Keim is doing some last-minute reconnaissance Monday in Gainesville and taking a look at some Florida prospects.
- Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com, citing two people familiar with the situation, reports that the Eagles still have Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon on their draft board, despite some recent talk that they had removed him.
- According to Shorr-Parks, the Eagles not only have Mixon on their draft board but are also “very interested” in taking him and have done “extensive” research regarding him this offseason and are willing select him in this year’s draft.