Some of the notable former NFL players taking part in the Spring League Showcase that will take place in Napa on July 15 include:
- Former Bills RB Fred Jackson
- Former 49ers RB Anthony Dixon
- Former Colts RB Josh Robinson
- Former 49ers RB Glen Coffee
Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders said he’s feeling more energized this year after cutting fast food out of his diet and now focusing on doing right by his body.
“I was eating bad,’’ Sanders told Mike Klis of 9 News. “If I was hungry I would sometimes go through the McDonald’s line and grab me a 20-piece [Chicken McNuggets]. I would go through Burger King, just fast food because I was ready to eat now.
“But now I’m listening to my body a lot more. There’s something about being able to understand your body. What you can put in your body that gives you a burst of energy, or what you put in your body that makes you go to sleep. That’s what I’m understanding more.’’
Sanders added that being 30 has changed his sense of direction.
“It’s something about when you hit 30,” Sanders told Klis. “You know who you are and you know where you want to go. You have a sense of direction. My destination is to try to get to the Super Bowl, try to win Super Bowls and try to go for 1,200, 1,300 yards and I understand what it takes to get there. And that’s through hard work and dedication.
“We’ve got this new offense with Mike McCoy. We’re going to be throwing the ball around so my conditioning has to be up and I’ve been working on that.’’
- According to Andrew Krammer of the Star-Tribune, WR Laquon Treadwell’s health was more of an issue than the Vikings let on last year.
- However, Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said Treadwell looks “much more comfortable” this year.
- Krammer mentions that Minnesota will give the former first-round pick a shot at earning a starting job this summer.