Former Rams WR Stedman Bailey, who is trying to return to the NFL after missing the past few seasons due to an incident in which he was shot twice in the head, tells Tyler Dunne of Bleacher Report that he wants to show the world anything is possible.
“You’ve seen dudes come back from ACLs, Achilles, broken bones,” Bailey said. “I want to be the one to show people that no matter what you go through, you don’t have to let other people define who you are as a person, what you can do as a person — and I can show the world anything is possible. I know when I step on the field, there’s a 100 percent chance I win Comeback Player of the Year. And then I’ll get up on the stage and just blow you away with all that I’ve been through.”
Bailey took part in Marshall’s Pro Day recently and posted a 4.43 40-yard dash. One report said that four teams expressed at least some interest in him following the session. (NFLTR)
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that with so much uncertainty regarding the top of this year’s draft, it’s possible we could see a lot more trades than in previous years.
- The Jets have already traded up to No. 3 overall with the Colts and it’s clear that Indianapolis would at least consider moving back further, depending on how things played out with the top-five picks.
- Florio says the most obvious trade candidate to watch remains the Bills, who have the No. 12 and No. 21 overall picks to package in a move up the board for a quarterback.
- The Giants have come up as a candidate to move out of the No. 2 spot and Florio mentions that there’s really no incentive to move the pick right now, as they’re more likely to get offers as the draft approaches.
- Florio adds that there’s also the possibility that some notable players could be traded this year for high draft picks including Odell Beckham Jr and Rob Gronkowski.
- Georgia LB Roquan Smith has visits scheduled with the Colts and Bears this week. (Clarence Hill)
- Alabama LB Rashaan Evans has pre-draft visits lined up with the Jaguars, Dolphins, Colts, Falcons, Saints and Patriots and has already visited with the Eagles and Cowboys. (Matt Zenitz)
- South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert is visiting with the Vikings Tuesday night. (Darren Wolfson)
- Texas LB Malik Jefferson is scheduled to take a pre-draft visit and meet with the Steelers. (Clarence Hill)
- The Saints recently working out South Carolina TE Hayden Hurst and Oklahoma TE Mark Andrews. (Nick Underhill)
- Wisconsin S Natrell Jamerson had a private workout with the Lions on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Central Arkansas CB Tremon Smith has top-30 visits set up with the Browns, Eagles, Raiders, Colts and Chiefs. (Dane Brugler)
- The Steelers hosted Florida DB Duke Dawson, WKU LB Joel Iyiegbuniwe, and EMU QB Brogan Roback for pre-draft visits on Tuesday. (Mark Kaboly)