Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Steve Smith, Bears, Jets, & Saints
NFL Notes: Steve Smith, Bears, Jets, & Saints
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that despite the Ravens are hoping to have veteran WR Steve Smith back next year, the Achilles tear he sustained is likely to be the end of his career.
- Cole spoke Smith in recent days and he said he’s comfortable where he’s at right now and expects to retire.
- Smith also stressed the significance of spending time with his family, and how not doing so can impact their life once they’re no longer in the NFL.
- Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Bears do not think RB Matt Forte sustained n ACL injury. Instead, they think he has an MCL injury. (Mike Garafolo)
- Jets HC Todd Bowles told reporters after Sunday’s game that Ryan Fitzpatrick suffered torn ligaments in thumb.
- Fitzpatrick will undergo an MRI on Monday to determine the severity of the injury.
- Backup QB Geno Smith injured his left shoulder and abdomen, and will also undergo further evaluation.
Tags Geno Smith Khiry Robinson Matt Forte Pierre Thomas Ryan Fitzpatrick Steve Smith Tim Hightower