A lot has been written lately about my future. There are questions about my age, and what I have left in the tank. Of that, I will simply say this. For the first nine years of my career, I was used like a battering ram, punishing opposing defense over four quarters of a game. Maybe you stopped me the first five times I got the ball, but by the 15th or 20th time I got it, late in a game — let’s just say you were really feeling me at that point.
Make no mistake: I can still punish a defense. I still have a warrior’s heart. There are 1,000-yard seasons left in these legs. I know what I am still capable of, and I have every intention of proving it.
- Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer writes that the Eagles are likely to get younger on their offensive line following the release of G Todd Herremans on Thursday.
- According to McLane, one name to keep an eye on in free agency is Raiders C Stefen Wisniewski, who could be intriguing for Chip Kelly based on his versatility.
- Targeting upgrades in the draft also seems like a possibility for the Eagles.
- Kimberly A. Martin of Newsday reports that the New York Jets are not expected to re-sign CB Kyle Wilson.
- John Keim reports that the there has been no movement towards a new contract for Redskins LT Trent Williams.
- Keim adds that there is no urgency whatsoever at this point in time get a new contract in place that would reduce his $13.7 million cap figure.