Super Bowl LIII
- According to Peter Schrager of FOX Sports, the three cities to watch for Super Bowl LIII are Atlanta, New Orleans, and Los Angeles.
- Schrager adds that a vote is expected to come next week, and while Atlanta and L.A. will both have new stadiums, there’s reportedly “a lot of sentimentality” for New Orleans.
- Chargers signed G Vi Teofilo.
- Chargers waived G Sebastian Johannson and ILB Brock Hekking.
Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com takes a look at 10 ways to fix the Eagles. Here are a few of his ideas for the Eagles:
- Shorr-Parks suggests trading RB Ryan Mathews, even if they’re only able to get a mid-round pick in return for him.
- Interestingly enough, Shorr-Parks thinks the Eagles should also try to trade DL Fletcher Cox, as he believes paying Cox over $60 million guaranteed would be a mistake. Trading Cox could net them a first-round pick, which would offset the loss of their 2017 first-round selection.
- Shorr-Parks goes a step farther and suggests that the Eagles should cut or trade QB Sam Bradford, even after they signed him to a new contract.
- In terms of potential additions, Shorr-Parks would like to see them trade for a veteran cornerback to bolster their depth at the position.
- Jeff Zrebiec reports that the Ravens are signing undrafted rookie CB Sam Brown.