Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Super Bowls, Draft, Bills & Giants
NFL Notes: Super Bowls, Draft, Bills & Giants
- According to Ian Rapoport, the favorites to host Super Bowls 53-55 appear to be: Atlanta (SB53), South Florida (SB54), and Los Angeles (SB55).
- New Orleans was considered to be the favorite to host Super Bowl 53, but Rapoport says that they a long shot.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the NFL is still considering multiple cities to host the 2017 and 2018 drafts including: Philadelphia, Denver, Dallas, Atlanta, Los Angeles, and Chicago, who is considered a long shot.
- Packers president Mark Murphy tells Rapoport that Green Bay is in the mix to host the 2019 NFL Draft after not making the cut for either 2017 or 2018.
- Bills GM Doug Whaley mentioned that first-round OLB Shaq Lawson was cleared to practice, but they wanted to ensure he was going to be 100 percent: “[Shaq Lawson] was cleared to play. … We sat down and said, ‘Hey, let’s remove all doubt.'” (Mike Rodak)
- Regarding WR Sammy Watkins‘ injury, Whaley said: “Right now we don’t anticipate him missing any part of the regular season, but we can’t yet pin down his return date until he’s further along in his rehab.” (Mike Rodak)
- Whaley added he would “absolutely” be disappointed if Cyrus Kouandjio doesn’t win the starting right tackle job this summer. (Mike Rodak)
Tags Cyrus Kouandjio Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Sammy Watkins Shaq Lawson