This year’s Supplemental Draft will be held on the July 11 (NFLTR).
- According to Matt Miller, Western Michigan CB Sam Beal has a shot to be a second-round pick, but he’s heard that the third round is more likely for Beal.
- 14 NFL teams were in attendance for Mississippi State DB Brandon Bryant’s Pro Day on Monday. (NFLTR)
- Following his workout on Monday, Bryant said that the Colts and Ravens were his favorite interviews: “Those teams really stuck out to me the most. I had a great conversation with those guys. But wherever I get drafted or if it’s as a free agent, I just need an opportunity and I’ll make the most of it.” (NFL.com)
- Bryant also met with the Redskins, Texans, Steelers, Colts, Jaguars and 49ers on Sunday.
- Oregon State LB Bright Ugwoegbu is also entering this year’s supplemental draft. (NFLTR)
OddsShark has posted the early odds regarding who will be the first NFL head coach to be fired this season.
- Hue Jackson +350
- Adam Gase +750
- Marvin Lewis +1000
- Vance Joseph +1000
- Dirk Koetter +1200
- Jay Gruden +1200
- Todd Bowles +1600
- Bill O’Brien +2000
- Jason Garrett +2500
- John Harbaugh +2800
- Jon Gruden +2800
- Pete Carroll +2800
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that Bill O’Brien, John Harbaugh, Jon Gruden, and Pete Carroll can all be eliminated from the list, but he says that the smart money is on either Vance Joseph or Jay Gruden.
Florio adds that Jason Garrett is another coach to watch.
- According to Albert Breer, Broncos second-round WR Courtland Sutton is a rookie to watch this summer.
- Breer says that Sutton impressed the Broncos’ coaching staff with his attitude and catch radius this offseason.
- Breer adds that Sutton has “positioned himself well to compete for playing time in camp.”