Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Ted Wells & Patriots, 49ers, & Lions
NFL Notes: Ted Wells & Patriots, 49ers, & Lions
- Ted Wells mentioned during Tuesday’s conference call that no one from Tom Brady’s camp raised any issue with his impartiality.
- Wells responded to responding to Brady’s agent, Don Yee, about his report being impartial saying: “I think it’s wrong to question my independence because you don’t like my findings.”
- Regarding the term “more probable than not” Wells said: “I believe the conclusions have been proven. I used the words “more probable than not” because that is what’s in the rules.”
- According to Wells, “Patriots were all over me from Day 1 on why the NFL did not warn them of the complaint, and alleging it was a sting operation.”
- In regards to the Patriots’ cooperation Wells mentioned: “The Patriots provided me in my opinion with substantial cooperation except in one critical and crucial area.”
- The area that the Patriots weren’t will cooperate with was a second interview with the Jim McNally.
- Wells said Brady was “totally cooperative” during their Q&A session, but he did not cooperate in regards to their request for electronic data.
- Wells told Brady that he only wanted printouts from his phone and wouldn’t even hold the device, but Tom refused.
- Regarding the importance of the communications between Brady and McNally, Wells said: “That is not circumstantial evidence. That is two participants in the scheme discussing what is taking place.“
- Wells explained his disappointment with the Patriots not fully cooperating in regards to some of the most important information: “Disappointing on one hand to say they are cooperating and then on other (refuse to share) most fruitful area of evidence is inconsistent.“
- Wells would welcome Brady’s agent Don Yee posting his “copious notes” regarding Brady’s interview.
- On the belief that the NFL specifically targeted Brady: “That people at the league office wanted to put a hit on the most popular player, the face of the league, doesn’t make sense.”
- 49ers GM Trent Baalke told Sirius XM NFL Radio on Tuesday that he plans to meet with veteran DL Justin Smith on Wednesday and Thursday to get a “better answer” regarding his future.
- Dave Birkett reports that the Lions are signing Wayne State RB Desmond Martin, who took part in the team’s rookie camp.
Tags Desmond Martin Justin Smith Tom Brady