Florida CB Teez Tabor tells Ian Rapoport that the poor 40-yard-dash time at his pro day came after he tweaked his hamstring during training before the Combine and it never fully healed.
“Teams have been shocked that I ran that slow, because they know I don’t play slow — they watch the film,” Tabor said. “It’s ridiculous. I just want to let everyone know what was going on.”
Tabor explained that he wasn’t sure if he was going to run at the Scouting Combine, but ultimately decided to go through with it.
“I was trying to be a tough guy because that’s how I am. I was afraid if I didn’t run, people would think I’m soft,” said Tabor. “Then I went out during a workout with the Lions and pulled it even worse. They’re the only team that really knows. It’s still bad now. I probably won’t even start running against for three weeks.”
- Matt Miller spoke to a coach who was at Tennessee QB Josh Dobbs‘ pro day that believes he has a legitimate chance to be a top-100 pick.
- A director of player personnel who spoke to Miller isn’t buying the talk of a run on quarterbacks: “I don’t think that run on quarterbacks is gonna happen early. I think it happens in the 20s.“
- Miller hears that the Jaguars really like Stanford DE Solomon Thomas and he could be their guy if he’s still on the board at No. 4 overall.
- An NFL GM mentioned to Miller that he could see two left tackles being drafted in the top-15 picks with Forrest Lamp coming off the board in the top 20.
- NFL teams that have spoken to Miller have expressed concerns about Washington WR John Ross and his injury history: “To be that small and have had microfracture in the past, that’s a major concern.“
- According to Matt Miller of B/R, a director of player personnel mentioned that one team worth keeping an eye on this year in regards to taking a quarterback early is the Bills at No. 10 overall.
- The executive added that they believe GM Doug Whaley is “in love with [Deshaun] Watson.”
- Scouts have told Matt Miller that the Browns “love” Western Michigan WR Corey Davis and would strongly consider him at pick No. 12 if they don’t trade the pick.