Thursday Night Games
- The NFL announced that they will continue their partnership with CBS sports for Thursday night game will continue for the 2015 season.
“We are pleased to extend our partnership with CBS for Thursday Night Football,” said Goodell. “The promotion and production by CBS and NFL Network last season made Thursday night a night for NFL football. We look forward to working again next season with CBS.”
- Dianna Marie Russini reports that Vic Fangio is currently meeting with the Redskins, but he’s scheduled to leave Washington this afternoon.
- Russini adds that other teams are also interested in his services.
- RB Trent Richardson said that he’s dealing with a family emergency, which is why he missed Saturday’s walk through.
“I’m dealing with a very serious family emergency,” Richardson told Mike Wells. “I’m still at the hospital. I wouldn’t purposely just miss walk through.”
According to John Keim, the Redskins had been split about re-signing OLB Brian Orakpo, but now that he’s coming off of a torn pectoral injury, it appears as though Washington could shop around for alternative options.
- Keim mentions that the Redskins will need to show some real improvement next year for HC Jay Gruden’s job security to be in question, at least to some degree.
- Keim expects Washington to give David Amerson another shot at playing cornerback seeing as a move to safety could further expose some of his issues.