Todd McShay of ESPN released his new Mock Draft on Wednesday and interestingly has the Jets taking Georgia RB Todd Gurley at No. 6 overall.
Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reports that evaluators around the league are moving Gurley up their draft boards, so this may not be as big of a stretch as it appears.
According to Robinson, Gurley could now end up coming off the board between picks 6 – 10.
- Jason La Canfora reports that several teams are intrigued by Baylor QB Bryce Petty as a quarterback prospect after round one. La Canfora mentions that Petty could very well be the third quarterback taken.
- Tony Pauline reports that Mississippi State DE/OLB Preston Smith is visiting with the Steelers on Wednesday.
- Tony Pauline reports Texas Southern CB Tray Walker is visiting with the Redskins on Wednesday.
- The Chargers signed OT Chris Hairston to a one-year deal worth $685,000, which includes a base salary of $660,000 and a signing of bonus of $25,000. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Titans signed LB Kaelin Burnett to a one-year deal worth $660,000. (Aaron Wilson)
According to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, some think the Titans could end up taking a receiver such as Amari Cooper or Kevin White at No. 2 overall, assuming they keep the pick.
The thinking here is that the Titans need star players to help them market the team and in turn increase tickets and jersey sales.
Florio admits that they could always grab a receiver later in the draft, but he wouldn’t be shocked to see them go with a receiver over USC DL Leonard Williams.