During Wednesday’s hearing, Judge Berman questioned how the NFL suspending Patriots QB Tom Brady four games for his role in DeflateGate compared to players taking steroids.
“Clearly, it’s a fair question to pose Mr. Goodell felt he had to explain (the penalty),” Judge Berman said, per Mike Garafolo. “But it only raised more questions because I still don’t see how four games compares to a player using steroids or masking agents.”
The NFL’s attorney Daniel Nash pointing to the “integrity of the game” clause as the main reason for the four-game suspension. However, Judge Berman responded: “[E]verything goes back to the integrity of the game.”
Judge Berman, once again, tried to persuade the two parties to continue settlement talks.
“There are enough strengths and weaknesses on both sides,” Judge Berman stated. “That would lead all the more to a settlement. That seems like the logical and rational outcome. It doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.”
- Dolphins S Louis Delmas was carted off of the practice field on Wednesday with a knee injury. (Max Henson)
- According to Armando Salguero, the Dolphins “love” veteran WR Greg Jennings, who will be a top-four receiving option for Miami this year.
Dan Graziano of ESPN, citing sources familiar with Jason Pierre-Paul‘s thinking, reports that there hasn’t been any change in his plans for his recovery or any movement on plans to return to the Giants.
One source tells Graziano that Pierre-Paul’s recovery remains “a slow process,” and he’s still not planning to join the Giants until he believes he’s close to being able to play.
- Giants HC Tom Coughlin told reporters that DE George Selvie did not suffer any ligament damage to his knee and he shouldn’t be out too long. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Texans waived DL Jasper Coleman. (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans waived/injured TE Mike McFarland.