- NFLPA will ask judge to either rule by September fourth or to issue an injunction allowing QB Tom Brady to play pending a ruling. (Pro Football Talk)
- Per Ed Werder, Brady’s agent Don Yee had this to say on the NFL filing in New York federal court.
“One inference is they’re not confident in their reason, not confident in their evidence. They’re looking for a friendly jurisdiction down the street from Park Avenue because they’re saying to the world “We doubt our evidence and reasoning can withstand any jurisdiction in America.” They’re essentially admitting that.”
- Free agent OT Gosder Cherilus‘ visit with the Bill went well but he will continue visiting with other teams, per Mike Rodak.
- Free agent DT Donte Rumph is on the Cardinals’ “short list” of players to potentially sign. (Scott N. Bergman)
- Chargers QB Philip Rivers won’t “slam the door” on a deal getting done soon, but added that he won’t let it “linger” very long into camp. (Kevin Acee)
- According to Cowboys Executive Vice President Stephen Jones, DL Jeremy Mincey will be fined for missing camp and they will not discuss a new contract as long as he’s absent. (Clarence Hill)
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones expressed confidence in RB Joseph Randle and believes he can step in and be “the number one back” this season. (Charean Williams)