Home / Cardinals / NFL Notes: Tom Brady, Cardinals, Raiders, Rams, & Redskins
NFL Notes: Tom Brady, Cardinals, Raiders, Rams, & Redskins
- Greg Bedard reports that a high-ranking NFL source mentioned that Robert Kraft’s decision to accept the league’s penalties does not include a deal for Tom Brady‘s four-game suspension.
- According to Bedard, there’s a belief in league circles is NFLPA has found the perfect player and case to go “big-game hunting and change commissioner discipline forever.“
- Kent Somers mentions that Cardinals QB Carson Palmer threw the ball around during Tuesday’s 7-on-7 session.
- Palmer said he felt “rusty” but overall moved well considering that he’s six months removed from ACL surgery.
- Palmer is still two months away from being 100 percent healthy and will wear a knee brace this season. (Mike Jurecki)
- The Cardinals are moving Matt Shaughnessy from outside linebacker to defensive end in their new defensive scheme. (Mike Jurecki)
- Arizona is also moving Kareem Martin from defensive end to outside linebacker. (Mike Jurecki)
- Raiders owner Mark Davis said he has $500 million to put towards a $900 million stadium in Oakland, but there’s obviously a funding gap that needs to addressed. (Ian Rapoport)
- Davis shot down the prior reports that the Raiders could consider moving to St. Louis if the Rams relocate to Los Angeles. (Ian Rapoport)
- Davis said there’s no scenario in which he would put the Raiders up for sale and he wants to keep it in Oakland.
- Nick Wagoner writes that OT Joe Barksdale signing with the Chargers leaves second-round pick Rob Havenstein as the Rams’ right tackle of the future.
- John Keim writes that the addition of RB Matt Jones, and the fact that he’s contract for four years, could leave the Redskins with a difficult decision to make regarding starting RB Alfred Morris and whether to extend his contract.
Tags Alfred Morris Carson Palmer Joe Barksdale Kareem Martin Matt Jones Matt Shaughnessy Rob Havenstein Tom Brady