In response to the report that Tom Brady could still receive a four-game suspension this season, the NFL issued a statement (via Pro Football Talk) saying: “It is highly unlikely that the appeal will be decided before the end of the season.”
“I’m just coming in trying to learn a new playbook,” Cassel said, via Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “There’s a lot to get done obviously. It was explained to me that Brandon is the starter, and I’m going to support him in any way I can, help the team in any capacity they want me to. At the same time, I’m going to try to learn the playbook and see how far I can move along and how quickly I can move along, so if an opportunity does come up, I’m ready to play.”
- The Falcons ruled out rookie RB Tevin Coleman for the Week 3’s game.
- Devonta Freeman will be the team’s No. 1 running back this weekend.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said that RB Chris Ivory (quad) will be a game-time decision for Week 3 against the Eagles. (Sirius XM NFL Radio)
- The Panthers officially announced that LB Luke Kuechly (concussion) is doubtful for Sundays’ game.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien announced that RB Arian Foster will not play in Week 3. (Aaron Wilson)
- O’Brien said that WR DeAndre Hopkins still has to pass a baseline neurological exam, but he was able to practice on Friday. (Aaron Wilson)
- G Xavier Su’a-Filo is unlikely to play as well. (Aaron Wilson)