- Albert Breer reports that the NFL and NFLPA haven’t had any settlement talks regarding Patriots QB Tom Brady’s suspension since Monday’s hearing.
- At this point in time, Breer considers a last-minute deal to be “very unlikely.“
- Cowboys VP of football operation Stephen Jones said there could be a lot of action from them after teams cut their rosters down to 53 players. (Clarence Hill)
- Jones added that running back will be a position of interest for them. (Clarence Hill)
- Falcons signed OL Eric Lefeld.
- Falcons waived WR Bernard Reedy.
Former Raiders HC Jon Gruden said it is “inevitable” that an NFL team will relocate to Los Angeles next year, and he seems to think the Raiders will be one of them.
“I have a feeling, just being with the Raiders for a few years, that something’s going on down there,” Gruden, via Lindsay Jones of USA Today. “…I have a couple of my sources down there that say it’s inevitable.”
Gruden added that there’s a lot going on with Rams owner Stan Kroenke’s Hollywood Park projection.
“It’s gonna happen. There is just too much going on in that Hollywood Park area,” Gruden said. “…Hopefully it works out, and they get some real enthusiasm for football in Southern California. It’s a great place for football down there.”