Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, citing a source with knowledge of the situation, reports that a final decision has not been made on whether suit will be filed before or after commission Roger Goodell rules on Tom Brady‘s appeal.
- Adam Caplan reports that undrafted free agent WR Devin Gardner had $10,000 of his $435,000 base salary fully guaranteed by the Patriots before they waived him on Monday.
- According to Caplan, the guarantees included in Gardner’s deal are unlikely to deter a team from placing a waiver claim on him
- Cardinals signed third-round RB David Johnson and seventh-round TE Gerald Christian to four-year contracts.
- Chargers announced Monday that they’ve named A.G. Spanos and John Spanos presidents of the team.
- The position was previously held by Dean Spanos, who will remains at the top of the organization’s hierarchy as chairman of the board.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the NFL and the Patriots are attempting to resolve their differences without appeal through “back-channel conversations.“