Home / Colts / NFL Notes: Tom Brady, Giants, Lions & Panthers
NFL Notes: Tom Brady, Giants, Lions & Panthers
- Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti, Colts owner Jim Irsay, and “others” within the AFC have been “vocal” in lobbying to the NFL against reducing Tom Brady’s four-game suspension, per Tom E. Curran of CSN New England.
- Dan Graziano of ESPN could not see the Giants taking a chance on free agent OLB Junior Gallette, due to his issues with off-the-field behavior and disruptive demeanor in the locker room.
- Graziano cannot see “many avenues” to where the Giants hold onto Jason Pierre-Paul on a long term basis, since he will likely demand a sizable contract if he plays well in 2015, or the team could simply look for a replacement if he does not perform next season.
- Michael Rothstein of ESPN writes that rookie RB Zach Zenner’s chances of making the 53-man roster will come down to his play on special teams and whether he can outplay George Winn.
- David Newton of ESPN lists fifth-round rookie RB Cameron Artis-Payne ahead of RB Fozzy Whittaker for the No. 2 role, with Whittaker likely handling third-down duties.
- Newton could see Artis-Payne starting if current starter Jonathan Stewart gets injured.
- The sixth and final wide receiver spot will come down to Brenton Bersin and Stephen Hill, with Hill having the “upperhand” with his speed and athleticism.
Tags Brenton Bersin Cameron Artis-Payne Fozzy Whittaker George Winn Jason Pierre-Paul Jim Irsay Jonathan Stewart Junior Gallette Stephen Hill Steve Bisciotti Zach Zenner