- Robert Klemko of MMQB.com writes that the NFL could draw out Tom Brady‘s appeal case into the summer and fall.
- Klemko offers a breakdown of what’s expected to transpire in the coming weeks as Roger Goodell hears Brady’s appeal.
- According to Mike Jones of the Washington Post, the competition for the Redskins’ backup quarterback between Kirk Cousins and Colt McCoy could go all the way up until the last week of the preseason.
- Jones mentions that neither Cousins or McCoy has distinguish themselves thus far.
- Washington has been alternating between the two players on their depth chart this offseason.
- According to Robert Klemko of MMQB.com, the Steelers and DE Cameron Heyward have been negotiating a contract extension.
- However, Heyward mentioned that he’s rather not think about it right now.
According to Caplan, Thompson says that he needs to undergo surgery on his knee, but the team waived him without an injury designation.
“To be honest with you, I don’t know what to tell you,” Titans head coach Ken Whisenhunt told the Tennessean last Wednesday. “When [Thompson] left here, however many weeks ago, he was healthy. We communicated, he said he was fine, no issues, other than some personal matters. He shows up, says there’s something wrong with his knee, and I have no idea what he is talking about.”