- According to Mike Freeman of B/R, former Giants HC Tom Coughlin could make his return to coaching as early as next offseason, given that many around the league believe “it’s only a matter of time” before he returns to coaching.
- Freeman’s source believe some team will ultimately reach out to him next offseason.
- Coughlin, who’ll turn 70 next offseason, is currently working for the league office in it’s football operations department.
Bills OC Greg Roman discussed WR Marquise Goodwin and how he’s looked so far during training camp.
“What a weapon he is huh,” Roman said, via Pro Football Talk. “World class speed. The guy has got a different attitude about him and a different look in his eye this year and I like it. He’s showing up every single day. On his off day he was in the weight room with [quarterback] Tyrod Taylor working out. He was asking good questions in meetings. All the things that impress you. He’s somebody who is on a mission.”
Bills HC Rex Ryan said he believes that it’s Goodwin’s “familiarity with the offense” that’s allowing him to “let his physical gifts jump out.”
Goodwin is currently listed behind WR Sammy Watkins on the team’s depth chart.
- Browns activated TE Seth DeValve from the active/Non-Football Injury list Wednesday. (Tony Grossi)
- Seahawks activated TE Jimmy Graham from the active/Physically Unable to Perform list. (Danny O’Neil)