“It’s no secret that I just think so much of him as a person and think so much of him as a player,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan, via the Star-Telegram. “The team we have, especially the offensive side of the ball, was built for Tony. So this is what it is. It’s a juncture that we have to address.
“I don’t know how ultimately we will resolve this. Nobody should be alarmed because you don’t have all the answers. There are some issues here that you just got to see how the cards are played. But we’ll work through this.
“We have a sound enough foundation together that on an individual basis we’ll get through this.”
- Paul Dehner Jr of the Cincinnati Enquirer feels confident that free agent G Kevin Zeitler will be playing elsewhere in 2017.
- Dehner Jr adds that Zeitler is in a position to “break the bank” as a free agent and the Bengals just don’t value the guard position as being worth big money.
- We have Zeitler featured in our Top 100 – 2017 Free Agents list.
- James Walker of ESPN writes that Patriots free agent TE Martellus Bennett could be a potential target for the Dolphins this offseason.
- Walker points to the fact that the Dolphins could use a solid tight end and mentions that Bennett has prior experience playing for Adam Gase while they were together in Chicago for a year.
- Bennett has implied that he will test the open market this offseason.
- Should the Dolphins look to the draft for tight end help, Walker suggests Alabama’s O.J. Howard and Miami’s David Njoku as potential first-round options.
Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun takes a look at some potential cap casualties the Ravens could consider in the coming weeks. Zrebiec’s list includes:
- WR Mike Wallace ($5.75M savings
- S Lardarius Webb ($5.5M savings)
- TE Dennis Pitta ($3.3M savings)
- OLB Elvis Dumervil ($6M savings)
- TE Benjamin Watson ($3M savings)
- C Jeremy Zuttah ($2.4M savings)
- S Kendrick Lewis ($1.8M savings)
- CB Shareece Wright ($2.6M savings)
- CB Kyle Arrington ($2.1M savings)