Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Tony Romo, Darrelle Revis, Eagles, Jets, Steelers
NFL Notes: Tony Romo, Darrelle Revis, Eagles, Jets, Steelers
- Jason Cole is the latest to report that neither the Broncos nor the Texans are inclined to give up any draft compensation for Cowboys QB Tony Romo.
- Beyond compensation, the other issue with trading for Romo is the simple fact that they shift a lot of leverage to him, given that he’s owed $14 million for the 2017 season.
- Cole mentions that there’s no rush for either team to get anything done until early April.
- Despite the talk that Darrelle Revis could eventually move to safety for the final years of his career, Jason Cole has spoken to NFL coaches who have worked with him in the past have said that Revis doesn’t have the ball skills or the desire to hit anymore.
- Cole points out that despite playing 10 years in the NFL, most of which at a very high level, he has just 29 interceptions and avoided a lot of contact last year.
- Should Revis return next year, Cole says many believe he’ll have to stay at cornerback.
- Over the weekend, there was some talk that the Patriots could be a landing spot for Revis. (NFLTR)
- Charles Robinson was told DT Bennie Logan had a “very sizable extension offer” on the table from the Eagles during the season, but he turned it down.
- The defensive tackle market was a big disappointment for the most part and Logan wound up signing a one-year, $8 million contract with the Chiefs. (NFLTR)
Tags Benny cunningham Christian Hackenberg Darrelle Revis DeAngelo Williams Fitzgerald Toussaint Howard Jones Jamal Adams Jay Cutler Malik Hooker Mychal Rivera Quinton Patton Tony Romo Zach Brown Zach Line