Peter King of TheMMQB believes the door is “still three percent open” for Tony Romo to return to football at some point.
This comes after Romo didn’t completely rule out the possibility of returning to the NFL at some point.
“I don’t envision coming [back to football],” Romo said, “but I’ve also seen enough things from ‘I’m not going to Alabama’ to ‘I’m not returning to football.’ Do I envision coming back to football? I do not. You never say never.”
- Pro Football Talk reports that Tennessee DE Derek Barnett has pre-draft visits lined up with the Patriots, Saints, Bengals, and Titans.
- Appalachian State RB Marcus Cox is participating in the Falcons’ local prospect day on Wednesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Colorado S Tedric Thompson is scheduled to visit with the Bills on Thursday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Charlotte RB Kalif Phillips has a private workout scheduled with the Chargers on Wednesday and will attend the Panthers’ local prospect day on Friday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Northern Illinois WR Kenny Golladay is visiting the Lions on Wednesday and has a pre-draft visit lined up with the Bears next week. (Michael Rothstein)
- Air Force DE/OLB Ryan Watson worked out for the Falcons on Wednesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- UCLA LB Deon Hollins has been invited to Texans’ local prospect day. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Steelers are expected to host Penn State WR Chris Godwin for a pre-draft visitors Wednesday or Thursday. (Jeremy Fowler)
- Wyoming OL Chase Roullier will work out for the Titans on Wednesday. (Darren Wolfson)
- Alabama OL Cam Robinson is visiting with the 49ers this week. (Ian Rapoport)
- The 49ers are scheduled to host Florida State RB Dalvin Cook for a visit on Wednesday. (Matt Maiocco)
- Ohio State S Marshon Lattimore is in San Francisco Wednesday meeting with the 49ers and will visit with all the teams drafting in the top five picks. (Ian Rapoport)
- USF OL Kofi Amichia had a private workout this morning with the 49ers. (Jenna Laine)
- New Hampshire OT Andrew Lauderdale has a private workout with the 49ers on Wednesday. (Aaron Wilson)