- According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, “there is merit” to the idea of Tony Romo being open to joining the Texans next year if the Cowboys elect to release him.
- However, it would obviously be complicated and Robinson still views the Broncos as the “primary” team to watch for Romo.
- Robinson adds that it would require Romo to make “very significant” salary concessions, but he still believes the Texans could be a consideration if he’s released.
- Former Browns QB Johnny Manziel reached a tentative deal with prosecutors for dismissal of the domestic assault case involving his ex-girlfriend on Thursday, according to the Associated Press.
- Manziel’s attorney Jim Darnell said there was still work to be done before any deal is finalized, but he added that they’re encouraged by Thursday’s hearing.
- A judge has scheduled another hearing for December 1.
Suspended Raiders OLB Aldon Smith said that he “won’t be defeated” in his comeback to the NFL.
“I’m going to speak for myself because I’m in that situation,” Smith said, via Jimmy Durkin of the Bay Area News Group. “I won’t take no for answer. I won’t be defeated. You’ve got to understand that it’s your life. You control it. You can’t let nobody else control it. It doesn’t matter what they try to do to you.
“And most importantly, God put you here for a reason so make the best out of your life, your situation and be a blessing to somebody else and show the world what you’re worth.”
Smith’s one-year suspension is up today but he’s yet to formally be reinstated by the NFL.
Lions QB Matthew Stafford said the report of him possibly targeting $25 million per year in a contract extension is “news to [him]” and added that he hasn’t even thought about his next contract.
“That was news to me, to tell you the truth,” Stafford said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “Hadn’t, obviously, had any thoughts of that in my mind, to tell you the truth. I don’t know where that came from or how it got out there, but I’m focused on our team, this season, playing well this week. That’s really all I care about.”