Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports takes a look at some potential players who could be traded before this year’s deadline.
Some names worth keeping an eye on, according to La Canfora, include:
- Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald – La Canfora says that Arizona is “a whole lot closer to being 0-4 than they are to winning anything this season” and trading Fitzgerald would allow them to get some future assets while giving him an opportunity to compete for a Super Bowl.
- Bills LT Cordy Glenn – La Canfora mentions that the Bills’ offensive line has actually looked better without Glenn, who could be an upgrade a number of teams right now.
- Bears OLB Pernell McPhee – La Canfora admits that a McPhee trade out be tough and probably unlikley, but it’s at least exploring for Chicago.
- Browns LT Joe Thomas – According to La Canfora, it’s conceivable that the Browns could be winless by the deadline, and given that they’re already in a full rebuild, moving Thomas now for future assets would make sense. Although, he still doubts the Browns will move Thomas.
- Texans LT Duane Brown – With Brown not planning to end his holdout anytime soon, La Canfora writes that the Texans could net a pick for Brown to offset what they gave up to get Deshaun Watson, as there should be no shortage of suitors for him.
Eagles DC Jim Schwartz said LB Mychal Kendricks‘ decrease in playing time this year has to do with the team using more defensive packages.
“I think we look at everything every week when it comes to it, and Mych has found a way to be productive,” said Schwartz, via Reuben Frank of NBC Sports. “We can all be more productive. We are starting to use a few more personnel packages than we have in the past, and we’ll just see the way it goes after that.”
Eagles WR Torrey Smith acknowledged that he could be benched at some point if he continues dropping passes.
“It’s a completely different thing; I’ll be sitting and looking at everybody [else] on the field. That’s just how it goes,” said Smith, via Les Bowen of Philly.com. “But that’s not [going to happen]. I’ll get it together, I’ll be making plays. Like I said, when I’m playing the game the way that I play it, it’s going to change our offense.”
According to Saints RBs coach Joel Thomas, “it’s just a matter of time” before RB Adrian Peterson breaks out.
“It’s just a matter of time,” Thomas said, via Herbie Teope of the New Orleans Times-Picayune. “I really feel like this block, it’s going to break. We just have to keep on chipping and you keep grinding, keep getting after something and ultimately something positive is going to come out of this.”
Seahawks OT Rees Odhiambo said he “couldn’t really breathe” after suffering a bruised sternum during Week 4 and that he doesn’t “remember much” after the injury.
“It felt scary in the locker room when I couldn’t really breathe, at the time,” Odhiambo said, Gregg Bell of the News Tribune. “I don’t remember much or a lot of it,” he said, chuckling. “I started coming to in the ambulance. … I was kind of blacked out for a while.”
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll mentioned RBs Thomas Rawls and Eddie Lacy are “going to take the load” of the carries this week. Carroll added that Rawls “is flying around” at practice. (Liz Mathews)